Exporting and Importing
If you own more than one site, you may want to use the same matrix in two or more of them. To do so, you first export the
wizard to your desktop as a compressed file and then import it to the other site(s) where you plan to use it. You may edit
the imported matrix to tailor it to the needs of the new site before publishing it.
Exporting a Matrix
To export a matrix as a compressed file, access the Matrices tool and follow these steps:
- If the Matrices home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Find the matrix you want to export.
- Click the Export link below the name of the matrix. Sakai displays the Opening File window.
- Follow the instructions. Sakai creates a compressed file and downloads it to your desktop.
- Upload the compressed file to Resources.
Importing a Matrix
To import a matrix from your desktop as a compressed file, access the site to which you want to import it and follow these
- Add the file to Resources.
- Access the Matices tool. If the Matrices menu bar is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- Click the Import button on the menu bar. Sakai displays the Import Matrix screen.
- Click Choose File. Sakai displays the Select Item screen.
- Select the compressed file for the matrix by following the instructions given for selecting an item. After you click Finish,
Sakai displays the Import Matrix screen again. The name of the file you chose is displayed in the Import File box.
- Click the Import Scaffolding button. Sakai imports the file from Resources and redisplays the Matrices home page. The imported
matrix is listed there. It has the same name and instructions as it had on its original site. Or, to return to the home page
without importing the file into the Matrices tool, click Cancel. Regardless of the state (published or unpublished) of the
matrix on the original site, it is always imported in the unpublished state. Before publishing the imported matrix, you may
change it to suit the requirements of the new site.