Creating a Portfolio
The process of creating a portfolio involves selecting items from Resources, giving the portfolio a name and an optional expiration
date, deciding whether or not to allow comments, determining which site participants or users outside the site will have access
to the portfolio, deciding whether or not to make the portfolio public, and optionally notifying others that a portfolio has
been shared with them.
To create a portfolio, access the Portfolios tool and follow these steps:
- If the Portfolios home page is not displayed, click the Reset button.
- In the Portfolios menu bar near the top of the screen, click the Add button. Sakai displays the Add Portfolio screen.
- Decide whether you want to create a portfolio "from scratch" or base it on a template.
- To create a portfolio in which you freely choose the layout, text styles, and content to include, click the Develop your own
- To base your portfolio on an existing template, click the Use a template button.
- If you chose to use a template, select the template you want to use from the dropdown list. If desired, preview the template
you have chosen. To do so, click Preview template. To close the preview display, click Close Preview.
- To proceed, click Continue. Or to exit without creating a portfolio, click Cancel. If you chose to continue, Sakai displays
the Step 1 of 3: Begin, screen.
- Enter a title (required) and a description of this portfolio in the boxes provided.
- To specify the last date on which this portfolio is available for viewing, use the pulldown lists in the Expires boxes to
enter that date.
- To allow others to view and comment on this portfolio, click allow comments.
- After finishing your work, choose one of these options:
- To continue working on this portfolio, click Continue.
- To save your work and exit, click Finish. Sakai displays the Portfolios home page, and the name of this portfolio is displayed
in the portfolio list. You may return at any time to continue working on this portfolio.
- To exit without saving your work, click Cancel. Sakai displays the Portfolios home page.
- If you elected to continue, follow the instructions given in "Designing your own Portfolio", or "Using a
Create a Template-based Portfolio". The appropriate choice to make at this point follows from the choice you made in step 3.